Thursday, July 28, 2011

In 9 hours or so, give or take, I’ll be flying off to the most important trip of my life.

It is, perhaps, nowhere as important as most other Important Trips can be. But I’d look at it at in different ways, try out different angles, and it would still be the most important. There’s probably no other way to it.

 People make important trips to find themselves, discover parts of them in other parts of the world. Some go on important trips because they were forced to; they’d be there, not knowing how significant things are until it Becomes. Some, they make important trips all the time, because the destination is always a goal.

Me, I make this trip for a Dream. And this is the sort of Dream you drift into, because you happen to have had the fortune of it finding you.

I’ll be meeting my Dream there, with the sense that I’m finding it again, in a different way. And I will live the Dream until I return with it.  And go on living it until the next path reveals itself, and it doesn’t matter what, because this is that Dream worth living.

I will return to home in 2 weeks, and life would be normal, and the Important Trip might’ve just been a simple holiday, of sights and sounds and experience. But in the way that I can’t explain, or perhaps in the way that only I know; the moment I set my foot past immigration tomorrow is the moment the page flips, and I’m in the next chapter. And I wouldn’t know what the chapter would be about; I only know what I wanted it to be (only that, being pages, it will never turn out the way you want it). It’s a huge thing, important thing, because – since a long, long time – this would be the first page flip. And for the past 7 months, what I’ve done was to be ready for it.

I will return home in a new life, living a Dream, and heading towards both old and new ones. It’s not a promise.

It just is.

I’ll sleep now, to dream of Dreams. And tomorrow, to America.

To my Love. 

0 comments: