Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Obligatory Pre-New Year Post.

Mostly because I feel that, as a writer, there is something at the end - and at the start of things - that has to be written about. I don’t know how it fits to logic, or reality, or anything else for that matter. I pretty much filed it as personal delirium - compulsiveness, if you may. That madness in all of us.

In truth, however, I have nothing to write about (gya-har-har-har).

Nope, I have not drawn my New Year’s resolution yet. It seemed like a pointless thing to do. That’s right; I’m one of those people who’d have the gall to draw a list and call it a Resolution, proclaiming to the world that by rule of death and living it shall and will be fulfilled… and then turning that list into a paper airplane to see if it flies well down the third storey. Oh dear goodness.

This year had been a wonderful year. Every year had been. I am a fortunate man (it feels odd, and maybe a little too ambitious, to put myself in that ‘man’ stature), and I have friends that make me feel like I’m loved. I am happy. And I hope somewhere I’ve made people happy too.

And I know that I’ve made people sad or angry; you always know if you did, intentional or not, and for that I apologise. Sorry doesn’t wipe the scar, but if it does something at all, then I can only say it, and ask that I’m forgiven somewhere.

I’ve not done a lot this year. Some I had promised, most I had not. I’ve done so little that looking back, it was a wasted year. The few that I did, well, were nothing. Maybe it wasn’t. But you’ll have to tell me. I don’t see anything myself.

But yeah, all in all, it was a good year.

And for that glorious ‘09, here’s to wishing that it will remain - at the least - like it was; and here’s to wishing that it will become something else entirely.

Something more beautiful, of course.

Happy New Year!





P.S: And to my good mates, namely Bryan, Kelvin, Pauline and Vic (and everyone else, even if you‘re not mentioned, but remembered in heart) ; in the good nature of 2009 being the year of the Ox, it’s gonna be full of Bull-crap.

Here’s to you, with hopes that you don’t take bull-crap from anyone, and that yes, bull-crap is very much welcomed if flung here in good jest XD.

Once again;

Happy end of 2008!

1 comments:

Essie said...

ooh! new layout! XP sorry I haven't been here in a while...

and just to poke you...

I did another KH fanfic snippet again. XP

And YES ITS COMPLETELY UNRELATED YAY lol